You come from the European Union or one of the following :
Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, United States, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, Norway, Romania or Switzerland.
In that case, no need for a Visa, you simply need a photo ID card (when applicable) or a passport, valid or expired for less than five years.
You DO NOT come from a European Union country or one of the above :
In that case, a Visa is compulsory ; you must apply for a short stay Visa from the French Embassy located in your country. The Embassy will indicate the number of copies you need to issue.
Documents to provide with your request :
1. Request form for a short stay visa. Click here
2. Recent ID photo
3.Valid travel document (passport, ID card ; the date of validity should be at least three months greater than the one of the requested visa)
4. Travel tickets for the return trip (you only need a proof of reservation when requesting your visa)
5. Certificate of pre-registration for the Académies Internationales d'été du Grand Nancy
6. An invitation letter from the Académies Internationales d'été du Grand Nancy
7. Proofs of resources for the duration of your stay : cash, international bank card, travel checks…
8. Assistance contract/insurance covering medical expenses and repatriation if needed.
Good to know :
The file must be complete with all documents. Additional documents may be requested when applicable.
Your presence may be mandatory when filing your request.
Filing a complete request does not automatically ensure acceptance for your visa.
When the file contains the copy of a document, you will be asked to show the original piece when reporting to visa services.
Plan well ahead, the period for obtaining visas can vary from a few days to several months…